Thursday, January 29, 2015

How does Stitch Fix Work? My Stitch Fix review

Photo credit=my 6 year old 
A few months ago, a guy who works for me was telling me about how his wife had started a Stitch Fix subscription.   You fill out a survey and a box of clothes/accessories shows up for you to try and you send back what you don't like.  Simple right?  Actually, YES!!!!
6 year olds take blurry pics

I signed up through her link (because she got a referral credit) and filled out the survey.  I read a few reviews that suggested going into detail about what you like/don't like in clothes.  So, I did.  I hate shirts that fit snugly around the stomach, but I don't mind arms and shoulders being snug or revealing.  I shared my preferences with jeans/pants and that I didn't want to receive certain accessories, prints, etc. and I was on my way.

I couldn't find photos from my first fix, but I will share some from subsequent fixes.  I have gotten 4 boxes so far and I couldn't be happier.

So, how does it work?  When you sign up, you pay a $20 styling fee.   The great news?  You can apply that as a credit to the items you keep from your shipment.  You get 5 items.   Decide what you want to keep (if you keep nothing you forfeit the $20), and they have a postage paid envelope to send back what you didn't want to keep.   If you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount so sometimes if only one item is iffy, it's about the same price to just keep it.

The sweater, shirt, and jeans are all Stitch Fix!
You check out online and give feedback about each item so that they can better suit you next time!  You can also leave a note for your stylist about an upcoming event or something you want to try.  In addition, you can link a pinterest board and pin styles you like and even upload pictures with your items so they can see how they did.
Shirt, jacket, and jeans are all Stitch Fix!

I rarely have time with my work and travel schedule in addition to kids to actually shop, so this is fantastic.   And each item comes with a card to show you options to style the piece.

I cannot recommend Stitch Fix enough.  Try it out!!

All 3 pieces are Stitch Fix

And, as always, leave me a comment guys!  I'm trying to get this blog up and going.  I also have started an instagram!  Find me at SunshineandCoffeeLove

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment